Canvas has a specialized grooming model for different age groups. We also have a separate model for both boys and girls. We believe that boys and girls are unique in their own ways, and they need a tailor-made program model to suit them well.
Children grow up so fast, that is why when educating them we have to consider a personalized model for each age group. The model gradually evolve, to suit the skill needs of developing children. The class models for different age groups are as follows :
18 months to 2 Yrs
- Children are encouraged to play and explore the world around them, enhancing their sensory experience.
- Children sing songs to improve their listening skills.
- Children form the concept of "self" - and are able to identify themselves.
- Children are familiar with the concepts of alphabets and colours, and basic mathematical concepts such as shapes and numbers.
- Children are able to improve their creative skills with art and craft activities.
- A theme is introduced every week, and activities based on the theme are carried out.
3 Yrs - 3.5 Yrs
- Children are introduced to phonics and letter sounds.
- Pre-writing practices such as making marks on paper are introduced.
- Colouring worksheets and number writing practices are carried out.
- Cursive writing is introduced with lines and curves that will later on help in teaching children how to write in a beautiful handwriting.
- Elaborate math worksheets and number blocks are used to improve their mathematical skills.
- Phonic levels are improved so children are ready to read.
5 Yrs to 5.5 Yrs
- Group learning is encouraged, as the teachers & children work together to make the child understand how his/her behaviour affects others.
- Children are exposed to more environmental concepts in order to develop their logical reasoning and independent thinking skills.
- Children are encouraged to read more, for an easy transition to formal schooling.